Custom Oil Painting
Custom Oil Painting
Custom Oil Portrait
Terms & Conditions
The process is simple! Maria takes the photo reference, makes any changes necessary then creates a digital color study for your approval. Next, the oil painting is created! You will have a proof of that painting to approve or requested changes. A week of drying time is required for oil paintings. Your final painting is delivered ready to hang and to be cherished for generations to come.
Scope of Services
Maria Morris from Maria Portrait agrees to complete an oil painting with the likeness of the approved photo reference but with artistic freedom with the color, composition and background.
The purchaser agrees to pay the agreed amount in full with the understanding that:
- The Artist will provide a digital color study of the painting within two weeks of booking/payment.
- The Artist will make any suggested changes to the color study and resubmit for approval.
- The Artist will complete the painting within 3 weeks of approval of the color study and send a digital proof of the oil painting for approval.
- The Artist will make any suggested changes to the finished painting. Up to 2 more weeks are needed for these changes.
- After approval of the final proof, the painting will dry. Then, the painting is ready for delivery and will also be ready to hang.
All photos and sketches are property of the Artist. The ownership of the painting is transferred to the Purchaser when payment and painting are complete. The copyright of the painting remains with the Artist who will use the image online for promotional purposes but will not sell prints of custom commissions. The artist agrees to maintain the anonymity of the subject if requested. Prints, cards, etc of the painting are available from the Artist for an additional fee. A watermarked image will be provided for social media.
In the event that the Artist cannot deliver the painting or the Purchaser cannot pick it up, Purchaser agrees to pay all necessary shipping expenses.
In the event that the client wishes at anytime to cancel the commission he may do so by contacting the artist. If the commission is canceled before color study approval, the artist shall return the commission installment less a 25% cancellation fee. If the commission is canceled after color study approval, the artist shall return the commission installment less 50% for a cancellation fee.